Woodsford TradeBridge Limited and its subsidiaries (“TradeBridge”) of 8 Bloomsbury Street, London, WC1B 3SR are committed to ensuring that the personal information of all individuals that we deal with is protected and to operating in compliance with data protection laws. This privacy notice sets out the basis on which any personal information TradeBridge collects from or about you, or that you provide to TradeBridge, will be processed by TradeBridge. Please read the following privacy notice carefully to understand TradeBridge’s views and practices regarding your personal information and how TradeBridge will treat it.
Date this policy was last updated: 12th May 2023
1 Owner and Data Controller
Woodsford TradeBridge Ltd
8 Bloomsbury Street, London,
Phone: +44 (0)20 7313 8070
2 About TradeBridge
TradeBridge is a private limited liability company incorporated in 2013 in the United Kingdom. TradeBridge is part of an international group of companies with subsidiaries located worldwide.
TradeBridge is a provider of business finance to businesses located in the UK and selected other countries. TradeBridge offers a number of business finance products principally revenue-based finance and payables finance. TradeBridge does not offer finance to consumers. For further information about the products TradeBridge offers, please see www.tradebridge.com
3 Types of Information Collected
TradeBridge generally collects personal information either directly from you (by communicating with you through email, phone or otherwise, or your use of our website(s)); from service providers (such as your instructed finance brokers, other experts and/or professionals); and/or other business contacts and third parties or sources (including publicly available sources, such as business/firm websites). We may also collect information about you if you work for one of our suppliers or partners.
The type/categories of personal information TradeBridge collects includes:
- Name, job title and organisation / employer
Business contact information including email address and telephone number
Demographic information such as business address, preferences and interests
Other information relevant to the supply of TradeBridge products and services to you
Preferences in relation to receiving marketing from us
For clients with whom we have a contractual relationship TradeBridge may collect the following information in addition to the above:
- Date of birth
- Residential addresses
- Copies of Identity documents (passports, drivers licences etc.)
- Financial information and transaction data
Technical Data - includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access TradeBridge platforms. Usage data- includes information about how you use TradeBridge platforms, products and services.
4 How TradeBridge Uses Information It Collects
TradeBridge receives or obtains and processes your personal information in order to operate as a business and deliver our products and services. Our core purposes for use include the following:
- To enable it to provide business finance to customers, including to:
- register you/your organisation as a new customer and manage its relationship with you;
- carry out its obligations arising from any contracts between you and TradeBridge;
- meet its statutory obligations (e.g. compliance with Anti Money Laundering regulations);
conduct credit risk assessment and credit management activities in order to offer or extend business finance facilities to you;
- promote itself and/or products i.e. direct marketing (including providing you with information about products TradeBridge feels may interest you and/or products that are similar to those that you have previously enquired about);
- improve its products; for operational, historical, statistical and research reasons;
- and maintain its own internal operations, systems, accounts and records.
- To enable it to receive goods and services from suppliers, including to:
- register you/your organisation as a new supplier and manage its relationship with you;
- carry out its obligations arising from any contracts between you and TradeBridge;
- administer and manage receipt of your goods or services.
- To operate its websites, social media and platforms, including to:
- communicate with you via its platforms and social media channels;
- monitor usage of its platforms and interactions with us;
- and support, maintain and improve its platforms.
5 Lawful Basis for Processing
TradeBridge is required to process your personal information under specific lawful bases. The lawful basis on which TradeBridge usually relies on to processes your personal information is:
- Contract: the processing is necessary for a contract you have with TradeBridge, or because you have asked TradeBridge perform a credit assessment of your business prior to entering into a contract; and/or
- Legitimate Interest: the processing is necessary for TradeBridge’s legitimate interests (these include: to enable TradeBridge to provide business finance; to promote itself and/or products (i.e. direct marketing); to improve its products; for operational, historical, statistical and research reasons; to operate its platforms and websites, to receive goods and services, and to maintain its own internal accounts and records).
- Legal Requirement: we may be required to conduct know your client, anti-money laundering and other due diligence checks on you in order to meet regulatory requirements. We may also process your personal information as part of meeting our tax reporting and other legal requirements.
- Please note: When you share your employees, or any other person’s data with TradeBridge, it is your responsibility to ensure you are permitted to share such personal data with it.
Marketing. TradeBridge strives to provide you with choices regarding certain personal information uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. You will be able to opt out of any marketing communications from us using the link in the email or otherwise letting us know using the contact details above.
6 Disclosure of Your Personal Information
TradeBridge may share your personal information it processes with other organisations:
- TradeBridge may share your personal information with any member of the TradeBridge group, which includes TradeBridge’s subsidiaries.
- TradeBridge may share your personal information with third parties, in particular:
- Service providers who provide CRM, payment, IT, cloud hosting and system administration services (Microsoft, Salesforce, HubSpot).
- with customers and suppliers.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
TradeBridge require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. TradeBridge does not allow its third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with TradeBridge’s instructions.
7 International transfers
It may also be necessary to transfer and process your personal information overseas within the TradeBridge group of companies. When this is needed, your personal information may be transferred to countries or territories around the world. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the United Kingdom who work for or on behalf of TradeBridge. The countries could include, Singapore, Australia, the United States and other countries outside the UK.
Whenever TradeBridge transfer your personal data out of the UK, it ensures a similar degree of protection is afforded to the information by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- TradeBridge will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the UK Government (this includes the European Economic Area at the date of this Policy).
Where TradeBridge may use specific contracts approved by the UK Government which give personal data the same protection it has in UK. The use of such contracts will also be accompanied by an appropriate risk assessment.
8 Where Tradebridge Stores Your Personal Information and For How Long
All personal information collected or provided by you is stored securely in the UK or the EEA by cloud software providers whose data protection policies we have approved, principally Microsoft, Salesforce and HubSpot or on appropriately secured TradeBridge devices (laptops, mobile devices).
Some personal information may be securely stored in physical copy at the relevant TradeBridge offices in London, Sydney and Singapore, subject to the international transfer requirements detailed above.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although TradeBridge takes reasonable and proportionate steps to protect your personal information, TradeBridge cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted using the internet; any transmission is at your own risk.
Subject to relevant applicable laws/regulation or industry standards applicable to the personal information TradeBridge retains, TradeBridge will not retain your personal information longer than necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected (currently the maximum retention period for customers is 7 years after the end of our contractual relationship). If TradeBridge becomes aware that your personal information becomes outdated, it will be updated or deleted.
9 Your Data Protection Rights
Under the Data Protection Laws you have following rights:
- Right of Access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Right To Rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Right to Erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Right to Restriction of Processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Right to Object to Processing - You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Right to Data Portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
Please note. These rights are not absolute and are balanced against other people’s and TradeBridge’s rights and other legal requirements.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights under data protection laws, please write to the Data Privacy Manager/Head of Risk, Arnaud Franquin at TradeBridge (full contact details are in section 12).
10 Links to Other Websites
TradeBridge’s website may, from time to time, contain links to other websites of interest. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and/or companies have their own privacy notices/policies and that TradeBridge does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any information to these websites and/or companies.
11 Contact TradeBridge
TradeBridge may change this privacy notice from time to time by updating this page. When TradeBridge does so, changes in this privacy notice will be effective immediately. If you are a regular user of TradeBridge’s products, you should check this privacy notice on a regular basis and ensure that you are happy with any changes.
TradeBridge Head of Risk &Data Privacy Manager: Arnaud Franquin
Address: 8 Bloomsbury Street, London, WC1B 3SR
Telephone: +44(0)20 7313 8070
Complaints: Further, if you have a complaint in relation to the way in which TradeBridge is collecting and/or processing your personal information, please contact us using the above details. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office, the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).